Thursday, December 16, 2010

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC INTERNSHIP


Fresh out of college graduated top of my class! Had no idea till I arrived at the commencement. Two days later I flew to Washington DC where I interned for six months at National Geographic Magazine. I wasn't much of a city gal so the posse at headquarters...
"Charpatta" the secretaries for the photographic department made my life wonderful. Along with Rich Clarkson and Tom Kennedy. I was on location working more than not! My first assignment was with Barry Bishop the first American up Mt Everest. We were to cover a mountain man gathering in Klaune National Park. Pow...a great project for me having worked as a US Park Ranger....currently reading Robert Service the Call of the Yukon. I was stoked. Here's a pic of Brad Washburn from that trip it was the first published image in a national magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment