Friday, January 3, 2014

NM Animals laws

SHAME ON YOU NEW MEXICAN'S

NEW MEXICO is supposed to be ranked number 5 top of the list for animal abuse!

 WRITE OUR GOV and help change laws.

Dear Governor

How can we change laws to better be animal stewards for all animals, domestic and livestock?
Laws for shelter/shade/fresh water and feed, space allowed per animal, no leashing with chains, 
short and re educate our community, we have kill shelters that are over flowing. 
 Spay & neuter programs could help! 
 How would it feel to live tied up for an entire lifetime? 
A chained dog can only watch as life goes by...

"CHAINED DOG'S PLEA
(as posted by PETA)
I wish someone would tell me
What it is that I've done wrong.
Why do I have to stay chained up
And left alone so long?
The seemed so glad to have me
When I came here as a pup.
There were so many things we'd do
While I was growing up.
But now the Master "hasn't time"
The Mistress says I shed.
She doesn't want me in the house,
Not even to be fed.
The Children never walk me.
They always say "Not now."
I wish that I could please them.
Won't someone tell me how?
All I had, you see, was love.
I wish they would explain
Why they said they wanted mine,
And than left it on a chain."

Edith Lassen Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment