Friday, October 11, 2013

OBSERVING THE PHOTO SHOOT

THE GOOD & BAD OF WATCHING A SHOOT
Yesterday I was editing a shoot from this summer, one that I had to push back due to obligations.  The shoot was in a public place and in one of prior blogs about professional courtesy I stated how it is just bad to snake other shooters shots!
So edit is on and I'm looking at this shoot.
One of the subjects eyes are on this photographer who is shooting from the sidelines set back.  I am editing in disbelieve that I am LOOSING all these shots due to the subjects attention on this person shooting who is not part of our group.
Lets talk about distractions!
Attractive people
Other cameras
Assistants with no bras or thongs hanging out!
RED(yup the color red grabs em all the time)
Bad breath
Tattoos can be a problem too!
(Esp if your in an ER and someone is on big meds..they can see other things out of your tattoos and it can cause controversy) I know it happened.
Earn while we learn.
So after viewing the shoot from this project I can say that all those other people viewing my shoot whom were straying around shooting were not GOOD for the final IMAGE.
I have great shots but I may have to photo shop one head to another body.
MY ADVICE UNSOLICITED IS:
STAY AWAY FROM SHOOTS THAT ARE NOT YOUR BUSINESS
(Especially with your Cameras)
If you have not preset up an agreement to shoot on someone else's shoot you don't belong there and you should pull 
WAY BACK and not distract the moment.
CLIENTS on ad and magazine shoots, I know you are paying for this so there is some sort of expectations to be filled.
Just remember that if the subjects are distracted by you looking awesome or chiming in a lot, it actually can take away from your paid shoot.
Sometimes controlling just alters the natural energy between a subject and the shooter.
Just hire a smart shooter to do what they do unless your one of those who really just wants to be the photographer!
Than quit the day job and do it.
Let the shooter do there thing and just give those perimeters up front so you can kick back and let it be the best it can be for your project.
ONE MORE PIECE OF ADVISE
Talk to your talent and really press on the fact that they should NOT LOOK at those other random shooters that are snaking shots.
Sometimes you just can't control that stuff in a public place.
And it really sucks when you have met the person and they seem to think they are entitled to YOUR shoot too.
I can only hope they learned something !
Shame is not a bad thing it humbles and when you own it is all about forgiveness and moving onward.
I am off FACE BOOK now due to this incident.
Its just one too many feathers in other folks hats for my content arranged and co created with subjects I respect.
BACK OFF 
I think I will screen that tee shirt for the next event.

B A C K  O F F
( 1 Mile)
No SHOOTING OVER MY SHOULDER
OFF TO THE SIDE
Just cease to exist.
Media passes don't make you ENTITLED-
On my personal moment with this situation.
This is not your SHOT!
I have heard it ALL.
" I have a media pass."
"I am a PRO."
(So don't interupt a shoot.")
"I will send you some shots."
( I don't need your shots.)

AND PLEASE 

JUST DISAPPEAR and RESPECT
is your 
K A R M A 

(matter afact I think pasing cards to these types of people may help)

I'm gonna work on this idea and gif my pro pals this shirt
Put your order in now
John Curley
George Post
Scott London
Sidney
Josh Keppel
Tristan and a few more. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment