Monday, January 24, 2011

Favorite quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt


St Cecilia - The patron St of Music
(http://www.davidaustinroses.com)
David Austin Roses are the most Fragrant.
I have hundreds of roses that I've planted on my farm.


Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes

"I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered.
But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall."


"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."

"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art."

"If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault."


"Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive.
One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life."


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway.
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."

No comments:

Post a Comment