Friday, October 12, 2012

Zia Symbol





I love New Mexico.  Like many of the great artist and painters the light here is pretty astonishing at times.
I'd wager that the national anthem was inspired by the taupe's, purples and sages that are ever present in this landscape.
It seems fitting to use the Zia symbol to help clients identify with the region where I am based. The South West my home; rugged, western, inspiring. Many magazines are now hiring regionally rather than sending NYC based shooters on the road.  
I did 16 years worth of work living in the Manhattan.  An unforgettable time in my life.  
The market has had a huge shift due to the economical cinching of pocket books. 
 I am located in the four corner States.
Colorado
Utah
Arizona
New Mexico
and Texas is our neighbor. 

A few sweet facts.
The Zuni Pueblo is just west of my farm.  The Zuni first response team was on 911.  They were brought in from NM to NYC to help.
I remember the singer song writer Chris Whitley use to wear one this symbol.
He was so found of this region.

 ZIA facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment