Saturday, March 10, 2012

HaPpY Endings

The Pound Story Continued . . .
Today I took my sons girlfriend with me to help do photographs of the animals on death row.
I say this seriously as this is again a KILL SHELTER.
The gang that works there has done an amazing job of getting rescues and foster homes involved.  Today while we were there several of the dogs we worked with yesterday got adopted.  This is a HUGE win and time well spent to say the least.
Here s a few more stories that will show you that any effort you do will make a difference.
 Patty gets this pup adopted by residents in Cochiti NM
 Cats Meow
 This dog got rescued by German Shorthair Pointer Rescue
One of six abandoned dogs.

 I can't believe this boy is still alive
 When you hear my nails cloppin on the floor, please trim them for me.
 Pregnant momma dropped off by her owners.


 If my owners would of spaded me I might still be living with them, 
I guess they don't want puppies.
 I need home and a spade.
Please come and get me and don't leave me.

Second Chance out of Corrales are fostering four dogs.
These two are part of her picks.
http://www.secondchancenm.org 

Angelina saying bye bye.


Valencia County Animal Shelter
1209 Hwy 314
Los Lunas, NM
505.866.2479 or fax 505-866-2477
9:00AM to 5:00 PM Wednesday through Saturday, 9:00AM to 3:00 PM Tuesday



2 comments:

  1. Girl you are an angel from heaven for these babies! These pix are just heart-wrenching...and very motivating for anyone needing a new friend.
    I am loving this series! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting these photos--I hope it helped. Were they adopted? I also wanted to help a little with the word "spay" -- the present tense of having a female dog neutered. Past tense is "spayed." It's a troublesome word. :) Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete