Sunday, May 20, 2012

PHOTO TABOOS AT BURNING MAN

photography by karen kuehn "The Walking Sun"
Mr. Siberfi
"An intensity of emotion that inspires us to grater heights." 
This kid had every photographer all over him.
I took a minute as well to capture a few shots.
Photo demeanor on the Playa at times can be less than more.
In general most of the shooters are seasoned and super cool people, some of my favorites.
I like to scoot around quietly and discover as if invisible.  I am not one to stand out but rather prefer to remain as un-noticed as possible.
I prefer to be private with subjects and I remember this one situation where a shooter just wouldn't give me a break with this kid.  Its a delicate balance of getting permission from th subjects and at the same time don't loose the shot....Is it journalism or portraiture?  So not unlike surfing for me you need to get in a "LINE UP." 
If you see someone shooting with a subject stand down and disappear best you can and give that photographer space to get a shot or two.  Subjects are plenty here in Black Rock City.
I had to actually tell this other shooter to give me a break.
I think if your shooting at Burning Man you have to ask yourself.
Why and what is my purpose.
What will be the outcome in your dreams to reality?

VERY IMPORTANT Consideration

Don't shoot couples making love on the Playa without their permissions.
Its sacred and disturbing PRIVACY.
Do you want someone in your bedroom shooting you making love to your partner.
The Playa has so much magic and give space to those whom are in rapture even if in public.
DON"T GO JUMPING IN FRONT OF ANOTHER PHOTOGRAPHER WHILE THEY ARE WORKING WITH A SUBJECTS. 
 TIS A TABOO.

PLEDGE HERE PLEASE:

No comments:

Post a Comment